Taking the right steps to boost your career in an apprenticeship.
Knowing what steps to take for a successful career can be challenging but it doesn’t have to be! Posted in Apprenticeships
Knowing what steps to take for a successful career can be challenging but it doesn’t have to be! With so many companies taking on apprentices, now could be the perfect time to kick start you career. Apprenticeships can be completed in half the time of degrees and get you earning while you learn, After just 18 months you can be on a salary of up to £30,000 per annum! Here are some simple steps on how to succeed in an apprenticeship.
- Be that go-getter who sets goals for yourself. Have a good think about what you want to achieve, what do you want to learn and what skills do you want to gain? Over the next 12 - 18 months set about achieving these things, by applying for an apprenticeship in your area you will get the help and support you may need to achieve your goals. You will be surprised how quickly it can all happen and how many companies are ready to take you on right now!
- Once on your apprenticeship making sure you get to know your colleagues, remembering their names and asking them how they are, will win you big points as a new starter. Volunteer your time and be useful whenever possible, offering to make the odd cup of tea goes a long way to show you’re a team player.
- Make the effort to go above and beyond what’s expected of you. By putting extra effort into everything you do, you will earn your employers’ trust and they will start to learn they can rely on you.
- Always remember to set aside time to meet with your manager and mentor to get a good understanding of how you’re performing. Not only will this show that you care about the job, you will start to improve and learn about the general operations of the company, which is always valuable.
- In general, as you become more involved you will learn more about your organisation and start to notice opportunities. Make sure you attend training events or extracurricular meetings and activities to be involved as much as you can. Once you start meeting new people in your industry and forming networks, you will gain so much more knowledge and experience. In the workforce, it’s ultimately up to you to become the best version of yourself.
By applying for an apprenticeship and remembering the simple steps mentioned above, you can really build a wonderful and successful career. Did you find this Blog post helpful? If so or if you can think of anything you would like to add, let us know in the comments section bellow